Vil du ha en plass å diskutere uten at spøkelser, ufo og slikt flagrer rundt øra ?

Asbjørn har opprettet et nytt forum, som ikke har slike tema.
Også dette nye forumet er gratis å bruke.

Se:
https://www.paran.no/discuss

Oppe i høyre hjørnet i denne meldingen er et kryss som blir synlig når du flytter musepekeren nær det.
Der kan du lukke denne meldingen.

Universet & dets hemmeligheterPRINSESSE DIANA OG REVEJAKTEN

Jordkloden er et ubetydelig fnugg i et gigantisk og ufattelig stort univers.
Tør du diskutere hva som ligger bak?

Moderatorer: Asbjørn, mod univers

AQUARIUS

PRINSESSE DIANA OG REVEJAKTEN

Innlegg av AQUARIUS »

Roman mythology, Diana was the goddess of the hunt, in literature the equivalent of the Greek goddess Artemis, though in cult she was Italic in origin. Born with her twin brother Apollo on the island of Delos, Diana was the daughter of Jupiter and Latona.

[edit] Hunting goddess
Diana was the hunting goddess, associated with wild animals and woodlands. She also later became a moon goddess, supplanting Luna, and was an emblem of chastity. Oak groves were especially sacred to her. She was praised in poetry for her strength, athletic grace, beauty and hunting skill. In practice she made up a trinity with two other Roman deities: Egeria the water nymph, her servant and assistant midwife; and Virbius, the woodland god. In her etymology, "Diana" is simply :"the Goddess", with a Greek parallel in the name — though not the cult practice — of Dione at Dodona.

Diana was worshipped at a festival on August 13,[1] when King Servius Tullius, himself born a slave, dedicated her shrine on the Aventine Hill in the mid-sixth century BCE. Being placed on the Aventine, and thus outside the pomerium, meant that Diana's cult essentially remained a 'foreign' one, like that of Bacchus; she was never officially 'transferred' to Rome as Juno was after the sack of Veii. It seems that her cult originated in Aricia,[2] where her priest, the Rex Nemorensis remained. There the simple open-air fane was held in common by the Latin tribes,[3] which Rome aspired to weld into a league and direct. Diana of the wood was soon thoroughly Hellenized,[4] "a process which culminated with the appearance of Diana beside Apollo in the first lectisternium at Rome".[5] Diana was regarded with great reverence by lower-class citizens and slaves; slaves could receive asylum in her temples.

Diana huntress, by Houdon. LouvreThough some Roman patrons ordered marble replicas of the specifically Anatolian "Diana" of Ephesus, where the Temple of Artemis stood, Diana was usually depicted for educated Romans in her Greek guise. If she is accompanied by a deer, as in the Diana of Versailles (illustration, above right) this is because Diana was the patroness of hunting. The deer may also offer a covert reference to the myth of Acteon (or Actaeon), who saw her bathing naked. Diana transformed Acteon into a stag and set his own hunting dogs to kill him.

Diana worship is mentioned in the book of Acts in the Bible (Chapter 19, verses 21-41).

[edit] Legacy

Diana, by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and touristsDiana's cult has been related in Early Modern Europe to the cult of Nicevenn (aka Dame Habond, Perchta, Herodiana, etc.). She was related to myths of a female Wild Hunt, close to the Benandantis' struggles against evil witches.

Since the Renaissance the mythic Diana has often been expressed in the visual and dramatic arts, including the opera L'arbore di Diana. In the sixteenth century, Diana's image figured prominently at the Château de Fontainebleau, in deference to Diane de Poitiers, mistress of two French kings. At Versailles she was incorporated into the Olympian iconography with which Louis XIV, the Apollo-like "Sun King" liked to surround himself.

There are also references to her in common literature. In Shakespeare's play, Romeo and Juliet, many references are made to Diana. Rosaline, a beautiful woman who has sworn to chastity, is said to have "Dian's wit". Later on in the play, Romeo says, "It is the East, and Juliet is the sun. Arise fair sun, and kill the envious moon." He is saying that Juliet is better than Diana and Rosaline for not swearing chastity.

Both the Romanian word for "fairy", zânǎ[6] and the Asturian word for "water nymph", xana, seem to come from the name of Diana.

In Jean Cocteau's 1946 film La Belle et la Bête it is Diana's power which has transformed and imprisoned the beast.

[edit] Modern day
Diana remains an important figure in some modern mythologies. Those who believe that prehistoric peoples lived in matriarchal societies consider Diana to have originated in a mother goddess worshipped at that time.

Today there is a branch of Wicca named for her, which is characterized by an exclusive focus on the feminine aspect of the Divine.

In the funeral oration of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, her brother drew an ironic analogy between the ancient goddess of hunting and his sister - 'the most hunted person of the modern age'.
Antall ord: 751

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
AQUARIUS

Innlegg av AQUARIUS »

What Did You Learn In School Today
Tom Paxton
What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
I learned that Washington never told a lie
I learned that soldiers seldom die
I learned that everybody's free
That's what the teacher said to me
And that's what I learned in school today
That's what I learned in school

I learned that policemen are my friends
I learned that justice never ends
I learned that murderers die for their crimes
Even if we make a mistake sometimes

I learned that war is not so bad
I learned about the great ones we have had
We fought in Germany and in France
And someday I might get my chance

I learned that our government must be strong
It's always right and never wrong
Our leaders are the finest men
So we elect them again and again
Antall ord: 236

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links